A pneumatic pinch valve is a 2/2-way valve designed to shut-off or control the flow of corrosive, abrasive, or granular media. The actuation of these air operated pinch valves, the pinching action, is accomplished by air or hydraulic pressure placed on the sleeve. Modulating the air pressure within the annular space between the body and the sleeve can open, throttle, or close the valve. The valve body acts as a built-in actuator, eliminating costly pneumatic, hydraulic or electric actuators. In the open position, the valve has no restrictions and allows a wide range of media to pass through the bore. The flexible internal rubber sleeve in the valve keeps the media isolated preventing the risk of contamination.
The air operated pinch valve VF series offers a unique, cost-effective solution to flow control problems. It is ideal valves for shut off or control applications that involve abrasive or corrosive slurries, powders, or granular substances, these valves are used in remote locations or harsh environments since there are no external links, levers, pistons, or rotating parts to cause downtime.
The pneumatic pinch valve VF series is available in the nominal diameters of DN40 to DN300. They are designed with a flange connection complying with DIN EN 1092 (PN10/16) as standard. On request, the air operated pinch valves of the VF series can be made with a flange connection complying with ANSI B 16.5- 150lbs if required. Pneumatic pinch valves VF series are ideally suited for use with slurries and granular products like sand, cement, gravel, textile fiber, carbon, powder, pellets, chipping, glass fragments, etc. These valves are cost-effective, reliable, and easy to use, making them desirable in a wide range of industrial applications.
The body of the VF series air operated pinch valves consists of powder-coated, cast aluminum.
● Available in the nominal diameters of DN40 to DN250.
● Designed with a flange connection complying with DIN EN 1092 (PN10/16) as standard or on request, be made with a flange connection complying with ANSI B 16.5- 150lbs.
● A powder-coated aluminum flange.
● An aluminum flange with steel bushing that comes into contact with the product, powder-coated for more abrasive applications.
● An aluminum flange with stainless steel bushing that comes into contact with the product, used for foodstuff applications or very aggressive media.
● An aluminum flange with flanged sleeve, for extremely abrasive or corrosive products/applications.
● The flanged sleeve covers the entire part of the flange that comes into contact with the product. This means that only an elastomer is placed in the product flow.
● An aluminum flange with the flanged sleeve to prevent flange wear from abrasive media.
● An aluminum flange with internal thread.
A selection of 12 different elastomer grades for the sleeve (NR, food quality rubber, high-temperature rubber, CR, EPDM, EPDM food quality, FPM, silicone, NBR, NBR food quality, IIR, and CSM) ensures that the VF series pneumatic pinch valves have a very wide and practically unrestricted field of application.
The pneumatic pinch valve VF series works by the controlling medium of air pressure or water being used between the Pinch Valve body and the sleeve to give 100% closure (even against the larger abrasive particles) of the pinch valve. Air operated pinch valve consists of three major components: a housing, an internal rubber sleeve, and end connections. The rubber sleeve is fitted into the housing from inlet to outlet and is the only component that comes in contact with the media, which allowing the media to be isolated, with no contamination, and no damage to any other components. The rubber sleeve inside the body of the valve is the part that closes it.
When in the open position, the pinch valve has a full and true bore. The fully opened valve provides free flow passage to the media preventing the valve from clogging or blockage. To close the valve, air pressure is supplied into an air nipple on the outer body, which then travels through into the internal part of the valve, pushing down onto the rubber sleeve which fully collapses and closes tightly. When the external air pressure is no longer applied to the rubber sleeve, the elastic rebounding property of it along with the force of the flowing media fully opens the valve.
● Small, compact design
● Lightning-fast response times (opening/closing)
● Can handle whole blood and particulate matter
● Wide variety of easily replaceable tubing sizes and materials available
● Optimum sealing for solids
● Easy hose/sleeve replacement
● Long performance and reliability
● Aluminum pinch head is standard, stainless steel is optional
As China famous pneumatic pinch valve manufacturers, we supply air operated pinch valve VF series to the wine, food, industrial, pharmaceutical, mining & pneumatic bulk tanker industries. Available in aluminum, stainless steel, and POM materials, we offer a complete range of pneumatic pinch valves suitable for a range of applications:
● Acids: hydrochloric, nitric, sulfuric, hydrofluoric, etc.
● Alkalis: sodium hydroxide, ammonia, potassium, phosphates, sodium bicarbonate, etc.
● Viscous or abrasive liquids: seawater, wastewater, lime wash, paper pulp, paint, sludge, soot, clay slip, etc.
● Edible liquids: beer, wine, cocoa butter, edible oils, beet juice, milk, sugar, syrups, etc.
● Powdered products: cement, flour, sand, talc.
● Other fluids: reagents for water treatment, organic solvents, fertilizers, etc.
The higher the quality of the air-operated pinch valve inner bushing, the longer the service life of the pinch valve and inner bushing. The long service life of the inner sleeve of the pinch valve means that the maintenance cost of the equipment is low. The replacement of the inner bushing of the ai Read More »
Pneumatic pinch valve, also known as pinch valve, squeeze valve, bladder valve, hose valve, airbag valve, pinch off valve, etc. The pinch valve rubber sleeve (inner bush) is an important part of the pinch valve and the core of the pinch valve. It provides corrosion resistance, wear-resistance, and p Read More »
1. ScopeThis standard specifies the classification, requirements, test methods, test rules, markings, packaging, transportation, and storage of pneumatic pinch valves. This standard applies to air-operated pinch valves with flange or internal thread connection. 2. Normative referencesThe following d Read More »